Spam comments

No spam comments will be shown in my blog. I have activated spam control on my comments so all spam will be deleted before they are published!

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Some thoughts and some candies :)

When I first started my blog I didn't know much about word verification. I just knew that some sites had this thing and that you just had to type some letters/numbers to enter whatever you were entering. After blogging for over a year now I have become quite used to a lot of blogs with word verification, but I decided that I would turn it off on my blog. I have learned that it is boring to type all those letters especially when you get it wrong and have to type it all over again!! But still I have never thought much about doing something about other's blogs having this type of verification system.

Not untill I read Chris' blog earlier this week. She has started a sort of campaign against word verification and she says the reason why she doesn't want any verification system on her blog is that she would be kind to her guests when they want to be kind to her and post a comment in her blog. And I totally agree! But of course, it's not for me to tell anyone to turn the word verification off on their computer, but maybe you could give it some thoughts?! Please read more about this in Chris' blog, Craftling's cosy corner. If you would like to give it some thoughts you can actually join her blog candy. It is faboulus!!

Have a great week-end everyone!!

♥♥♥

1 comment:

Christine (Craftling) said...

Hi, Kristin! :o)

This is perfect! Thank you for your thoughtful words and for joining in with my 'blog candy against word verification' campaign! You have earned yourself FIVE entries in my draw! Best wishes with that! :o)

One thing, though.. Although you shouldn't get very many spam comments, there is a very small chance that you could, so I would urge you to switch Comment Moderation ON. That way, you will catch any spam before it gets onto your blog. It won't do any harm. Just reject the comment, and don't click on any links.

Up to you, of course.

Thanks again, and God bless!

Chris xx