Spam comments

No spam comments will be shown in my blog. I have activated spam control on my comments so all spam will be deleted before they are published!

Saturday, October 04, 2008

ABC Challenge - K is for Katharina

In this weeks challenge in ABC Challenge-blog, Katharina Frei has made a super sketch for us to follow. I had to make a card for my dear husband so I thought it would be a good idea to use the sketch. I had to rotate the sketch to make it fit my image. You see, I really wanted to use one of the new stamps from hÄnglar & stÄnglar, the one with the boy riding his bike. When I received the stamp I decided that it is perfect for a card for my husband. He loves riding his bike!!! He is one of those super-eager bikers who rides his bike all year round, even in the winter! And he loves to participate in different races as well! So, you see, this image is perfect for him!!

I have coloured the image with Distress Ink and Twinkling H20. The cardstock is Bazzill Corduroy. The design paper is from DCVW. I bought the lace in Croatia this summer. The text stamp is from Lissie Design. I have embossed it. This is the inside. The top one has the same lace as the front. The felt hearts are a gift from sweet Marte (thank you so much, sweetie). The bike in the frame is a stamp from a company I don't remember right now. The frame is a dias-frame.
The bottom page is decorated with the bike stamp around the edge of the white paper, and also on the cardstock. The small heart is punched out from the dp I used on the front.

On the back I have used the other half of the dias frame. I have covered it with some cardstock. And some punched out hearts. I have written a 'handmade by...'-text in the frame.
I am not giving this card to my husband until tomorrow, but I cross my fingers that he will be to busy to peek through my blog. We will have my parents-in-law visiting this week-end, so I think my husband won't sit down surfing on the internet now :)

My dear husband will also receive the box I made some days ago, the one with the Whiff of Joy-image on. In the box I have put a gift certificate from a shop who sell sportsgear :) I just have to put some heavy stuff inside the box so he won't figure out what's inside before he opens it. Maybe some old tools, nails and screws...

Well, that's it for now. I won't have the time to post anything for some days now so I wish you all a beautiful week-end!!

19 comments:

CarolinesGlede said...

åh, så stilig kort! :).. herlig satt sammen også! :)
det motivet der var helskjønt! :).. argh!! det skulle jeg hatt på mitt bursdagskort! Har liksom ingen motiver som passer til gutter.. blæh..

Rosette said...

Thias is sooo lovely! Lace is always so beautiful on crafted objects. Good luck with husband's b.day and in laws stay :)

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Stunning card, and so much beautiful detail both inside and out! Hugs Linda x

Jane Carroll said...

stunning card

thanks for joining in with ABC this week

hugs jane x

Alison said...

This is stunning love it. Thanks for joining in the fun this week on ABC.

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

what fantastic lace i adore it and that image is gorgeous, i wish we could get them in the uk

thank you for joining us on abc this week x

Cathy said...

Stunning image and a fab card.
Thanks for playing along with the ABC challenge this week.
Cathy xx

Bev said...

Fantastic card!!! Love the sweet image and beautiful papers.

hugs Bev x

Dot Scrap said...

Hej Kristin.

Det er bare et fantastisk kort.
Super flot. Skønt stempel og smukt papirvalgt. Du er bare så dygtig og en kæmpe inspiration for mig.

Heidi said...

Dette var jo bare knallstilig vennen - dette blir nok motatt med stor glede. Flotte farger og ikke minst detaljer.Flinka!!!

Stor klem fra
Heidi

Christine said...

Tjusigt kort!!! Och vilken bra idé för "givna" presenter såsom presentkort! Hoppas han gillar verktygen med ;)!
Tack för gullig kommentar i min stuga, kom gärna igen!
Stor kram Christine

Nixe07 said...

Oooooh this is just soo cute. Love everything about it. Your colouring is fabulous!
Hugs
Moni

Gunn Marit Solli Håland said...

Såå utrolig mye lekkert du har laget Kristin! Fikk lyst til å lage kort jeg også etter å ha sett i bloggen din :)

Maya said...

Åhh Kristin,det ble rååålekkert (om man kan si det om gutte-kort da ;) )
Uansett lekkert ble det! Og så stilig med sykkelen på innsiden og rundt kantene!
Han måtte jo bare bli glad for det kortet!

Ha ei fortsatt flotters uke,
klem fra Maya :)

Karin said...

Hi Kristin,

what a beautifull card.
Love the cute Hangler boy on his bike, and the great papers you've used.

Have a great day,
xoxo karin

Linda said...

herlig bursdagskort!
likte det stemplet kjempe godt, passer utrolig godt til 'gutte' kort, fins så lite til det syns jeg :)
flotte farger :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

Kristin! Hei!

Jeg har vært meget opptatt i det siste, ja!... Har sendt deg en mail. :o) Oppdaget at jeg ikke har sjekket mail eller vært inne på bloggen på noen dager nå!

Så flott dette kortet er!! :o) Liker fargene så godt!!!

God tirsdagskveld til deg! Varm klem tilbake, fra meg.

Iris said...

What a fab card that is! I love how you decorated the inside with the bicycle stamp...that looks wonderful!

Hugs,
Iris