Spam comments

No spam comments will be shown in my blog. I have activated spam control on my comments so all spam will be deleted before they are published!

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Birthdaycard

A customer called me one day to order a card for a man turning 70. The birthday"boy" is a man eager on running all year and during the winter he loves to go skiing as well. My customer had known this man for a very long time but didn't know of anything else he actually cared for doing. To get an idea of how the receiver of a card is I always ask of interests and colours they think of when they think of the receiver (that was hard to explain but I hope you understood the meaning anyway :) ). The colours of a person is important to me to know where to start making a card. This time I got the colour grey. Not the best or most interesting colour. And I didn't want the card to become to dark or dull.

Here is my result:
The text stamp on the inside says "One year older, but still young in body and soul".


I made an envelope to go with the card, and decorated the front of it:
Stamps: KH Design (man), Ladybug & Friends (swirl embossed in clear on the front), Aud Design (text inside), Prima (corner), Papirdesign (text on front, swirl under text on front)
Paper/cardstock: Bazzill Bling (black), Bazzill Corduroy (grey and black), Papirdesign (white with ornaments), plain black on envelope (unknown)
Misc.: QK-alphabet (Studio), gems from stash
My birthday is only two days away now, and I am really excited how my day will be. My husband has told me that I wont receive any present from him or my boys before I have been to work. But I have already received some presents in the mail, and I am sooooo looking forward to see what's in them. I'll open those in the morning before I go to work!!! I'm just like a kid when it comes to expectations for my birthday. It's something about it being my day.
Well, that's it for today!
Hugs, Kristin :)

6 comments:

Clinen said...

WOW! Vilken coolt kort! Blev ju riktigt fint och roligt på samma gång! Tyckte färgerna var stilfulla och typiskt manliga =) /Clinen

nessy said...

wow! great card for this man ~love the wording inside ~ so much time and detail, as always
count down now then until your big day!!
vanessa xx

eba said...

Tøft mannekort!

Heidi said...

Kjempehærlig kort kristin. det motivet der er jo bare født til å få fram smilet hos folk.

Klem fra
Heidi

Bev said...

What a brilliant card - love it!
hugs Bev x

Karin said...

funny card for a guy.
Love it!!!!

xoxo karin