Spam comments

No spam comments will be shown in my blog. I have activated spam control on my comments so all spam will be deleted before they are published!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Accordion mini album

Before christmas my mother-in-law turned 70 and I wanted to make her a card. But then I decided to make the card into a mini-album instead. I collected some old pictures of her as a little girl, teenager, newly-married, mum and young woman. I put some stamped images in between the pictures and I put some words describing her on all the pages.

This is how the album looks like unfolded.

This is the front:

Second and third page:

Fourth and fifth page:

This is the back. I have put a tag behind the designpaper. There we have described a part of the gift.

This is the back of the tag:
Sixth and seventh page:
Eigth and ninth page:

I have used papers from Treehouse Memories. Stamps from Sarah Kay, Penny Black, Pysselpassion, Magnolia, hÄnglar & stÄnglar, Cuddly Buddly, Panduro, Toves Design and Else Irene Mehling.

This was a quite big project and took some days to finish up. But it was fun to see my mother-in-law when she received it. She was amazed to see all the pictures of herself and she told me she really loved it. She even got tears in her eyes when she thanked me, and she squeezed my hand hard! It is really worth all the effort when you see that someone love your work so much.


Well, now it is Saturday, and today we have a cold and foggy day outside. I have no big plans for this week-end and I love it when I can just relax at home. Hopefully I'll get some cardmaking done, I have some people I owe a card :) And I have to help the boys to make Thank you-cards. They always have to thank for their christmaspresents with a card. This year I am late making the cards for them to write. I better hurry up!


Hope you all have a fantastic day where you are!
Hugs, Kristin :)

4 comments:

eba said...

wow, for et flott kort! Tipper hun ble kjempeglad for det!

kate said...

Dette var helt nydelig Kristin:)
Ha ei flott helg:)
klem fra Kate:)

nessy said...

oh kristin this is adorable ~what a wonderful gift for your mil!! so much detail and so much work ~just perfect
vanessa xx

cats whiskers said...

This is such a wonderful piece of work and what a beautiful keepsake, I am so impressed buy how much time and love you put into your creations
Hugs Jacqui x