Spam comments

No spam comments will be shown in my blog. I have activated spam control on my comments so all spam will be deleted before they are published!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Just Christmas and Birthdaycards #15

Monday again, and a new sketch over at JCBC. Sweet Simone has made the sketch this time. I must say I wasn't very pleased when I first saw the sketch (sorry Simone), but you know, I think it ended up not so bad! I just had to work on layers and embellishments more than I am used to and comfortable with, but I think the challenge in making something out of this sketch was good for me. And I actually had fun making both my cards :) So thank you Simone for making this challenging sketch!

I have used one of the lovely stamps from Whiff of Joy. The calendar stamp is from Norsk Stempelblad. Paper from Basic Grey. I have embossed the dark green cardstock with an QK-folder. Button, gems, flower and lace from stash. Punched out hearts in two different sizes. The white paper is from my drawing book.

I have used the last scraps of the Basic Grey paper to decorate the back.


My christmascard with an image from Panduro (I received it from Dorte). I have heat embossed white snowflakes on the red cardstock, and on the green cardstock I have dry embossed some snowflakes and then wiped my distress ink pad over it to make them show better. The tag is stamped with a text stamp from Papirgleder. The snowflake and the snowman are buttons from my stash. Paper from DCWV. Letter stamps from Panduro to write the text (Merry christmas 2009).

I made the insides really simple with punched out stars and red cardstock.

The back with another star and my personal stamp.

We had snow falling all yesterday and now it is enough for the kids to play a lot and to go skiing. We had to shuffle snow from our driveway three times in order to keep it okey. My dog loves to play and jump in the snow and is eager to go outside. I am eager to bring my camera outdoors to take some nice winterpictures. Hopefully it will not change to rain because then it will turn into icey roads, and the snow from the trees will disappear.


Well, that's all for now, ladies. I hope you'll have a great start on the new week!
Hugs, Kristin :)

8 comments:

Pia said...

Så flotte kort og nydelige detaljer

Rosette said...

These are so lovely Kristin.. you should work with more sketches, cause I like what you made :)
Hugs friend xx

Chris said...

Hi,
I just found your blog from The Daily Dare mention.I am so glad to find someone from Norway who writes in English. I am Norwegian American and grew up in a bilingual household with my Bestemor living with us. Our family is from Bergen but I also had family in Oslo. I visited once when I was a child.
I love that image from Panduro and your work is great!

Simone P. said...

Kristin,
I am glad that you at least tried the sketch. Sometimes it is good to push yourself to do things that you feel you can't do. It makes you a better designer! So I am glad that you liked the sketch and your cards look great! You did a fabulous job! Keep it up!

Heidi said...

Hei vennen
Så nydelige kort du har laget og ikke minst så lurt det er å lage julekort. Jeg skal iallefall prøve å lage noen gjennom hele året sånn at jeg slipper å ha det hardkjøret rett oppunder jul igjen.
Tusen takk også for den fine prisen, det er alltid så hyggelig!
Her er det sykdom fremdeles med omgangssyke denne gangen. Men nå måtte jeg bare opp av sengen og ta en liten bloggrunde

Klemmer fra
heidi

Dot Scrap said...

Jeg er vild med alle dine kort.
De er så flotte og der er så mange smukke detaljer.
Dejligt farvevalg.

I love all your new cards.
They are so beautiful and there are so many fantastic details.
Beautiful colors.

Holly said...

These are fantastic! I absolutely love how you finshed the insides and even the back of your cards!
You did an awesome job with the sketch!

Karin said...

Hi Kristin,

you did a great job on both cards.
Love the cute images and beautifull papers.

Hugs,
xoxo karin