Spam comments

No spam comments will be shown in my blog. I have activated spam control on my comments so all spam will be deleted before they are published!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

With deepest sympathy

Some cards are harder to make, both mentally and literally. When it came to making a card for someone who has lost a very dear person I certainly had a hard time. My mother called me on Saturday to tell me that one of my oldest cousins, but still only 51 y.o., died the very same morning. His heart suddenly stopped even though he wasn't obese or sick or something like that.

I have made two "With deepest sympathy" cards. One for my cousin's wife and children, and one for my aunt and her family. I have sent the cards to my mum for her to give to them.

First card with a lily stamp from Anita's. I've coloured in using Twinkling H20. Paper from DCWV. Ribbon from stash. I've embossed the text, stamp from Ditten & Datten. Insides.
The back.


The second card has the same lay-out but different cardstock and paper (from DCWV). Even same image. Ribbon from stash. Text is embossed in white.
Insides.
Back.

------------------------------------------------

Today it's only four more working days until it's week-end again. :) I hope spring is around the corner soon, but it doesn't seem like it's close by when I see out of my window. We have loads of snow everywhere. I just cross my fingers that it all will be gone by our constitution day, May 17.


4 comments:

eba said...

Elegante kort! :)

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Kristin it is difficutl making sympathy cards, and never nice to have to make them, but these are lovely hun, your family will love them. Big hugs Linda x

Heidi said...

Nydelige kort men alltid trist å lage slike ikke sant? Det er alltid så vondt å miste noen som står en nær. Man kan se at det ligger masse omtanke bak det arbeidet du har gjort vennen
Og kondolerer til deg og familien

Klemmer fra
Heidi

nessy said...

very suitable cards kristin ~beautifully made ~sorry to hear your sad news!! sending you big hugs
vanessa xx
ps will send you some of our sun (as you kindly sent us some of your snow)