Spam comments

No spam comments will be shown in my blog. I have activated spam control on my comments so all spam will be deleted before they are published!

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Happy Birthday

This is a birthdaycard for a lady turning 50 today. A customer asked me to make a card for her, and she gave me a description of how she would like the card to be. I haven't got a clue whether I hit on the spot, but I do hope she liked it.

I have made the background myself. On aquarelle-paper I have painted with black and red Distress Ink. When that was dry I used the stamps "Bella Brush" from Fancy Pants Designs and stamped in red and black StazOn all over the paper.

This is the front of the card. The text is printed out on aquarelle-paper. It translates "Congratulations, Randi, with the 40...? 45...? No, it can't be possible!?!" I have put a picture of the lady but if you think it's out of focus I can tell you that I have covered it up to make it unrecognizable.

This is how the card looks like when you open it up.
Upper left corner.
Upper right corner.
Lower left corner.
Lower right corner.
The back of the card.
I must admit that I struggled with the look of this card. It was a challenge. I don't know if my customer liked the card yet. She hasn't given me any feed back. Hopefully she has received it in time to give it today.

-----------------------------------------------

I am not feeling to well today. My sinuses are making trouble. We have had a lot of changes in the temperatures lately and then I alway get pains in the sinuses. I hope it won't last long. I have to make 15 invitations for a custumer today so I need to feel better to be able to concentrate.


I am glad that the sun is shining from a blue sky. Lovely springy air. The snow is melting, yuhu!!! and I am plain happy. :)


Have a lovely day everyone.


Hugs, Kristin :)

4 comments:

sukes7 said...

brilliant card Kristin, anyone would be thrilled to recieve such a lovely project luv sue x

Linda said...

så flott kort, og så artig tekst på fremsiden!

Maya said...

Råååstilig kort,Kristin!
Herlig den bretteteknikken din der :)
Lekre farger og vil tro mottaker setter pris på dette!
Ha ei flotters helg,
klem fra Maya :)

Anne H. said...

Så utrolig flott kort!
Stilig med bruk av Distress og stemplingen på bakgrunnsarket!
Flotte farger og detaljer - gjennomført stilig!
Jeg er sikker på at både mottaker og bestiller blir fornøyd.
God bedring og god helg!
Anne -:)