Spam comments

No spam comments will be shown in my blog. I have activated spam control on my comments so all spam will be deleted before they are published!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Constitutionday

Congratulations to all Norwegians!!!!

Today all Norwegians are celebrating that on this day in 1814 we got our own Constitution!
We will walk in parades all over the country. All the children will join in on games and will wave their flags and show off their finest clothes. The adults will wave their flags to greet each other and to show that they are proud to be Norwegians. Even foreigners will join us on this really big day. It's a feast from early morning till late night for everybody.

My sons are playing in the school-band and on this special day they will walk in lot of parades to play for the school-children. My eldest son is playing tuba, my younges son is playing flute. They will have a long day, and I'm sure they'll be so glad when it's over. But I also know they are proud to wear their uniforms and to play their instruments. And I will be soooo proud to be their mum. :)

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs, Kristin :)

3 comments:

Rosette said...

I'm so glad for you.. you have adouble celebration today seeing that you won the Eurovision SC yesterday, with a beautiful song and a VERY talented guy! :)) Have a HAPPY day!!

L.Nielsen (Lynda) said...

Congratulations Kristin....
I have even hung my flag outside today. Although I have taken notice that I need to buy a new one, mine is getting faded. What a disgrace. LOL Although we don't see so many Norwegian Flags in this part of NY, and usually the ones I do see are my relatives. LOL
I hope you are enjoying your day!
Hugs
Lynda =)

Chris said...

What a beautiful photo of your flag. I am Norwegian American and when I was young,lived in Brooklyn,NY. We all wore our costumes and carried our little Norwegian flags in the parade. My second son was even born on 17 of May. My parents were thrilled as was I.
Hilsen fra Michigan