Spam comments

No spam comments will be shown in my blog. I have activated spam control on my comments so all spam will be deleted before they are published!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Get well - card

It seems like accidents run in the family for the time being. My nephew broke his thigh bone (femur) last week and has been in hospital. I think he is back home now, but has to be very careful the next weeks.

I've bought him a little something and made him this 'Get well'-card. The letters are stickers and spell 'Get well, Leo'. I love these Magnolia stamps which I have masked to make them look as if he is sitting on the bench.
Close-up of the boy. He's got glitter on his wings.

I've put some dew-drops on the corners/edges as the only embellishment.

The text on the inside says: "Sending you some sunshine, laughter and a smile :)"

Recipe:
Stamps: Magnolia - Edwin, bench; Lissie Design - corner; Ditten & Datten - text (inside); Scrapmagasinet - personal stamp
Papers: Basic Grey - background; Bazzill Corduroy - green and blue cardstock; Cardstock - light blue cardstock
Others: Cuttlebug - embossing folder; Sandylion - alphabet stickers; dew-drops from stash; Distress Inks
----------------------------------------------------

Rain, rain, rain. Boring weather, but fortunately it is good for my outdoor plants. I forgot to water my flowers outdoor and yesterday they hung their heads. Hopefully they will get better again soon :)

Tomorrow my sons and husband will go on a week-end trip with the boys' school band. They will go to Lisseberg near Gothenberg in Sweden. For those of you who doesn't know what Lisseberg is; it's a big amuzementpark. I've never been there myself and I'm not the lucky one this time either. I have to stay home because of the dogs and the guinnea pig. But to be honest, I'm not that keen on carrousels any more.
Have a great day. Thanks for looking!
Hugs, Kristin :)

9 comments:

Hildegunn said...

Nydelig kort! Herlig maskering!
Han må jo bli i bedre humør av å få et slikt kort!
Ønsker deg en riktig flott dag!

Pia said...

hvor er det et nydeligt kort , sååå flot farvelagt og sødt motiv

nessy said...

what a perfect card for a poorly boy ~hope his bone heals very soon. as always your detail is perfect inside and out.
with the boys away ~i hope you get some "me" time ~i know what it is like~i too am the only female in our house!!
vanessa xx

Torill said...

Så hærlig kort!!
Knallfine farger, og så søt plasterEdwin!!
Nydelig

Kirsten said...

Så herlig kort, Kristin. Nydelig maskering og fargelegging.
Tenker du klarer å kose deg mye, selv om det ikke blir noen tur til Liseberg på deg... :)

Ønsker deg en riktig god helg.
Klem fra Kirsten

Vibeke said...

Så flott kort du har laget!! Det stempelet var kult - er jo riktige årstiden var plaster på knærne:)

God helg til deg:)

Angella said...

Dette var et søtt motiv... ikke sett det før! Nydelig malt Kristin:)

klem
Angella

Lexi said...

Awwww, just what I need today... I think I'm having a flu. :(

This card made me smile.

Hugs,
Lexi

Susie Sugar said...

Perfection itself , you have great style
xx